You'll be setting up your own "Create Issue"-forms on Confluence pages and trying them out.
The User who views a page with the "Issue Forms – create form" must have the "Create Issue" permission within the specified Jira project.
Otherwise Jira won't allow the creation of issues.
You can use an existing project or create a new one. We will use a simple "Task Management" project for this 101.
Before you begin: To create a Jira Project, you must log in to your Jira instance with Jira Admin permissions.
- Login into to your Jira instance.
- Click "Projects" => "Create project".
- Select "Task management".
Click next till you can specify the Name and Key and enter these values:
Name Issue Forms 101 Key IF Project Lead your user
- Switch to the Project settings and select "Screens".
- Click on the "JINC: Task Management Create Issue Screen" and remove the following fields from the Screen:
Now, this is what the "Create Issue" dialog should look like.
Embed an automatically rendered form into a page
- Log in to Confluence and click the Create button to add a new page.
- Insert "Automatically rendered form" as page title.
- Select "Other macros" to open the "Select macro" dialog.
- Select the "Issue Forms – create form" macro.
- Select "Issue Forms 101" as Project and "Task" as Issue type and click Save.
- An empty Issue create form will be added to your page.
- Click Save to save the page and the "Create Issue" form will be rendered.
Embed a customized "Create Issue" form to a page
- Click the "Create from template" button.
- Select the "Create Issue Page" template.
- Select "Issue Forms 101" as Project and "Task" as Issue type and click Create.
- Insert "Template based form" as page title.
- Edit the page e.g. remove the "Issue field " / " Issue field label " macros for assignee and priority.
- Click Save to save the page and the "Create Issue " form will be rendered.